Vision of Ste. Marie Parish
That all who join Ste. Marie Parish may come to know Jesus Christ in a more personal way, to accept Him as their Lord and Savior, and to be His Light in the world, proclaiming the Good News in word and deed.
Mission of Ste. Marie Parish
Under the leadership of the faith-filled Monsignor Hevey, Ste. Marie Parish became a Beacon of Light which brought dignity and hope to French Canadian Catholic immigrants. Today, in the midst of a disintegrating society marked by alienation, loneliness and despair, we feel a particular urgency to rekindle and magnify the power of that Beacon; for only the Light of Christ can overcome the darkness of this present age and only His Love can bring us fullness of life. As we continue our journey with God, we will keep our eyes on the cross of Christ, our ears attentive to His Word, and our hearts docile to His Spirit. In that same Spirit we offer what follows as a means through which God's plan for our community is fulfilled.
by providing a Eucharistic liturgy marked by living faith, prophetic preaching and inspiring music, in the midst of a welcoming environment.
- by emphasizing the power of prayer - both in community and in the silence of hearts - as a source of strength and nourishment for our spiritual journey.
- by developing and nurturing small faith communities where individuals can experience spiritual and personal growth, and form supportive relationships of brotherhood and sisterhood with others in the group.
- by offering diverse catechetical programs for community members of all ages which will lead them to a deepened understanding of our faith.
- by promoting social justice as a community through financial means and personal sacrifice and through community programs.
- by being an evangelizing community who reach out with the Gospel to families, friends and co-workers, and who welcome in our midst all those who seek Jesus; the Way, the Truth and the Life.